- About Us
- Medical Facilities
- Recent News
- Senior Citizen Center
- Clearwater Valley Assembly of God
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
- Community Presbyterian Church
- Faith Lutheran Church
- Jehovah's Witnesses Kingdom Hall
- Kamiah Bible Church
- Kamiah Seventh Day Adventist Church
- Nazarene Church of Kamiah
- The Life Center
- Pine Ridge Baptist
- St Catherine's Catholic Church
- First Apostolic Acts Church
- First Indian Presbyterian Church
- Second Presbyterian Indian Church
- Veterans Services
- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- Contact Us
City of Kamiah Fire and Rescue - Now Hiring Firefighter/EMT
City of Kamiah Fire and Rescue
NOW HIRING – FIREFIGHTER/EMT
Kamiah Fire and Rescue is currently recruiting for the positions of Firefighter/EMT with a to join its growing team. We have full-time positions available for Firefighter/EMT shift work which consists of working a 48-hour shift per week, on a schedule set by the Fire/EMS Chief to meet the staffing requirements of the Department.
Members currently employed with the Department who are wanting to apply for these positions, will need to submit a new application, resume, and cover letter. Pay is DOE ($35,000.00 -$45,000.00; 3 tiers, qualifications, and experience) and will remain open until filled.
• Must be 18 years old
• High School Diploma/ GED
• Minimum 1-year experience as Firefighter/EMS Provider/Emergency Responder
• EMT/EMTA/ EMTP course completion, NREMT certification, and State of Idaho EMS Licensure, or ability to secure State of Idaho, as appropriate
• Pass pre-employment background check (motor vehicle operator, drug screen, financial review, work history)
• ICS 100/200, NIMS 700/800
• Haz-mat Awareness
• Secure IFSAC within 1 year of hire
• Must be able to pass physical agility within 6 months of hire
• NFPA Firefighter 1, IFSAC/ Pro-board, or equivalent
• NFPA Firefighter 2, IFSAC/ Pro-board, or equivalent
• NWCG Wildland Basic S-130/190
• IFSAC/ Pro-Board Haz-mat Awareness / Operations
• Respond to all EMS calls and function as a member of the EMS crew while on duty.
• Maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with Idaho Statutes, HIPPA, and department policy, including but not limited to, names of those encountered within the scope of emergency medical services and any protected health information, contact and interaction
with the public, personnel issues and any other information heard, handled, or obtained within the scope of the position.
• Perform firefighting activities including driving fire apparatus, operating pumps, laying hose and performing fire suppression.
• Enter burning structures and advances with charged and uncharged hose lines and applies extinguishing agents to fires.
• Position and climbs ladders to gain access to upper floors for suppression and rescue.
• Perform emergency medical aid and assistance as required.
• Perform search and rescue operations to locate and remove individuals and victims from fire and emergency situations.
• Wear and properly utilize self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) as required.
• Effectively communicate verbally by means of two-way radio, person to person and in writing through completion of various records, memos, emails, and letters.
• Participate in fire prevention education and other assigned trainings.
• Assist in developing pre-plans for fires, medicals, confined space, high/low angle rope rescue, hazardous materials, fire prevention and training
• Wash, clean, polish, maintains, and test apparatus and equipment.
• Safely use hand tools such as axe, pike pole, chain saw, circular saw, shovel etc.
• Maintain the ability to lawfully and safely operate designated motor vehicles and equipment at all times that duties are performed.
• Attend classes, training, and drills in firefighting, emergency medical services, hazardous materials, and any other related courses or training requested or ordered by the Fire Chief to maintain and enhance techniques and responses.
• Maintain, and actively promote, positive and effective working relationships with coworkers and management.
• Ensure equipment and vehicles are restocked and ready for the next emergency.
• Maintain the ability to travel throughout and enter all locations of the Kamiah Fire and Rescue service area.
• Maintain availability, as able, by radio or telephone for response to emergencies, transfers, and fires.
• Provide truthful and accurate written and verbal communications. Physical Requirements
The physical requirements described here are representative, but not exclusive, of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Tasks involve the regular, and at times sustained, performance of heavier physical tasks such as walking over rough or uneven terrain, climbing ladders, kneeling, bending, stooping, crouching, working in confined spaces, lifting or carrying moderately heavy (25 - 50 pounds) items and occasionally very heavy (100 pounds and over) items or persons, and control combative individuals. The ability to coordinate eyes, hands, feet and limbs in preforming skilled movements is necessary.
This position has a one-year probationary period.
Please submit your application, resume, cover letter and 3 professional references to the City of Kamiah, P.O. Box 338, Kamiah, Idaho 83536 Attn: City Clerk or emai
CV/Resume, cover letter, and a list of three (3) professional references with contact information. The City of Kamiah is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring is done without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other applicable legally protected status. In addition, preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations. If you need special accommodation for applying or interviewing, please notify human resources.