- About Us
- Medical Facilities
- Recent News
- Senior Citizen Center
- Clearwater Valley Assembly of God
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
- Community Presbyterian Church
- Faith Lutheran Church
- Jehovah's Witnesses Kingdom Hall
- Kamiah Bible Church
- Kamiah Seventh Day Adventist Church
- Nazarene Church of Kamiah
- The Life Center
- Pine Ridge Baptist
- St Catherine's Catholic Church
- First Apostolic Acts Church
- First Indian Presbyterian Church
- Second Presbyterian Indian Church
- Veterans Services
- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- Contact Us
Regular City Council Meeting Minutes for The City of Kamiah 03/10/2021
REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING 03-10-21
KAMIAH CITY HALL
KAMIAH, IDAHO 6:00 PM
Guests: See sign in sheet (attached)
Council Present: Dan Millward (President) via phone, Stephen Rowe, Genese Simler,
Mayor Heater called meeting to order at 6:00 PM
Prayer: Mayor Betty Heater
Pledge of Allegiance
Approve Amended Agenda (Action): Motion to approve the amended agenda was made by Councilmember Stephen Rowe and seconded by Councilmember Genese Simler. Roll call vote: Dan Millward aye, Stephen Rowe aye, Genese Simler aye.
Approve Consent Agenda Items (Action): Motion to approve the listed items below on the consent agenda with the removal of the approval of monthly and interim bills and sick leave for city staff member was made by Councilmember Stephen Rowe and seconded by Councilmember Genese Simler. Roll call vote: Dan Millward aye, Genese aye, Stephen Rowe aye.
- Approve Minutes from Regular City Council Meeting 02-24-21 (ACTION)
- Approve Monthly and Interim bills – February 2021 (ACTION) (removed)
- Approve Alcohol License Application for The Station (ACTION)
- Approve Catering Permit for CVRA 03-20-21 (ACTION)
- Approve sick leave for City Staff member (360 hours) (ACTION) (removed)
- Approve Resolution 2019-7 (ACTION)
- Approve Resolution 2020-03 (ACTION)
- Approve Candidate James Kelly for new council seat (ACTION) – Mayor Betty Heater nominated candidate James Kelly to the council for approval to fill the vacant council seat. James Kelly provided the council with his background and his desires to be more involved in the community. Motion to approve James Kelly as a councilmember for the City of Kamiah was made by Councilmember Stephen Rowe and seconded by Councilmember Genese Simler. Roll call vote: Genese Simler aye, Dan Millward aye, Stephen Rowe aye.
- Swear in new Councilmember James Kelly (ACTION) Mayor Betty Heater swore in Councilmember James Kelly and welcomed him on the council.
- Discuss/ Approve Life Insurance Quote for city staff (ACTION) – Councilmember Stephen Rowe stated he had attended a conference call with the Mayor and City Clerk regarding the life insurance policy and costs. He stated this policy would allow for better benefits and less money to the city and staff if they were to request additional coverage. Motion to approve the life insurance quote for the city staff was made by Councilmember Genese Simler and seconded by Councilmember Stephen Rowe. Roll call vote: Genese Simler aye, James Kelly aye, Stephen Rowe aye.
- Discuss Water Distribution Projects (ACTION) – Public Works Director, Mike Stanton stated there is 2 water line projects that need to be completed. He stated the first priority would be the line on Main Street and Idaho Street that feeds the swimming pool . He stated the current line is too small and has deteriorated and will need to be replaced with a 4” galvanized line. He stated the second project will be replacing the water line between 13th and Nickel. He stated by replacing this line with a 4” galvanized line will complete the loop for water distribution and will bring these water lines up to code. Council President Dan Millward requested feedback from the Fire Chief regarding the fire hydrants. Fire Chief Arsenault stated there are several fire hydrants that need to be replaced.
- Update on Flood Plain Management – Lawyers Creek Levee- Mayor Heater and Councilmember Rowe- Mayor Betty Heater stated that she and Councilmember Stephen Rowe has reviewed the grant application that was previously filled out by Bob West. She stated she has worked with the staff at FEMA and this is a 75/25 match. She stated this will be an in-kind work and will be implementing a committee to assist with this. She stated it will be approximately 582 hours. Councilmember Stephen Rowe stated they have received an updated scope of work and asked the community to contact him or Betty if they are interested in assisting with this project.
- Motion to go into Executive Session pursuant to Idaho Code Section 74-206(1) based on the following statutory disclosure requirements (d) Consider records that are exempt from public disclosure (f) To communicate with legal counsel for pending or potential litigation (ACTION)– Motion to move into Executive Session pursuant to Idaho Code Section 74-206(1) based on the following statutory disclosure requirements (d): Consider records that are exempt from public disclosure (f) To communicate with legal counsel for pending or potential litigation, or controversies not yet being litigated but imminently likely to be litigated. The mere presence of legal counsel at an executive session does not satisfy this requirement was made by Council President Dan Millward and seconded by Councilmember Stephen Rowe at 6:24 pm.
Re-entered Regular City Council Meeting at 7:00 pm
Meeting Adjourned at 7:00 p.m.
Betty Heater, Mayor Stephanie Dyche, City Clerk