REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING Minutes For 05-26-2021 KAMIAH CITY HALL KAMIAH, IDAHO 6:00 PM
REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING 05-26-2021
KAMIAH CITY HALL
KAMIAH, IDAHO 6:00 PM
Guests: See sign in sheet (attached)
Council Present: Dan Millward, Genese Simler, and James Kelly (via phone)
Mayor Heater called meeting to order at 6:00 PM
Prayer: Mayor Betty Heater
Pledge of Allegiance
Approve Agenda (ACTION): Council President Dan Millward made the motion to approve the agenda and was seconded by Councilmember Genese Simler. Roll Call Vote: James Kelly aye, Genese Simler aye, Dan Millward aye,
Approve Consent Agenda (ACTION): Motion to approve the consent agenda was made by Council President Dan Millward and seconded by Councilmember Genese Simler. Roll Call Vote: James Kelly aye, Genese Simler aye, Dan Millward aye.
- Approve Minutes from Regular Council Meeting 05-12-2021
Discussion items / Action Items:
- Kiwanis Poker Run- Dave Hasz and Alan Tipke This event will take place on Saturday July 17 and will end at Riverside Park in Kamiah. Awards will be given at 5PM. There will be a 50/50 split for high hand. Money will be raised to benefit the youth of the community. There will be food and drinks, live music, door prizes and a silent auction. Mayor, Betty Heater provided Alan Tipke a catering permit and a vendor permit which is to be filled out and turned in prior to the event. Other vendors are welcome to participate in the event.
- Update on Kamiah Library- April Blankenship- Beginning June 7th library hours will be Monday-Friday 10:30 AM to 4:30 PM. The Reading Program works with the school, mainly K-8th but is open to everyone. They have a different theme every week and will be giving out take home bags in June. The Summer Program is being called the “Summer of Free” There will be lots of free gifts and Hogsback gift cards. They also received a $500 Summer STEM Grant which was spent on supplies. Lots of upgrades have been done, they have a virtual room and digital books are available. The U.S. EPA along with The Nez Perce Tribe will be providing an air quality censor for the building allowing them to know the level of air quality we are experiencing, and a different colored flag will be hung daily to represent the quality of air.
- Gold Wing Rally-Hot Summer Nights-(ACTION) Parade Permit for Saturday August 14, 2021 was approved. Motion to approve the permit was made by Council President Dan Millward and seconded by Councilmember Genese Simler. Roll Call Vote: James Kelly aye, Genese Simler aye, Dan Millward aye.
- Bulk Fuel Tanks for Fire, EMS, and Maintenance- Tabled until June 9th
- Overhaul on the old booster pump for Pine Ridge Pump Station- Stu Bryant (ACTION) Importance of maintaining a back-pump was discussed, and an overhaul was declared to be necessary. Up to $4,000 was approved and if repairs are to exceed the approved amount an emergency meeting will be called to further discuss the repairs. Motion was made by Councilmember Genese Simler and seconded by Councilmember James Kelly. Roll Call Vote: Genese Simler aye, James Kelly aye, Dan Millward aye.
- Monthly Maintenance Update- Mike Stanton Report on the Water Plant, Parks, Streets, and the Waste-Water Treatment Plant were provided.
- Kamiah Fire and Rescue Monthly Report- Bill Arsenault During the month of April, Kamiah Fire and Rescue responded to 42 calls, 5 were structure fires. This summer is predicted to be dryer and hotter and lightening is always a factor. On Saturday, June 12th there will be a Clean Up Kamiah Day. Anyone wanting to help should meet at the fire station before 8:30 AM. On Thursday, June 17th from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM, Kamiah Fire and Rescue will be conducting a CPR, Choking and Stop the Bleeding Class. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
- Monthly Accounting for KYRA- The City of Kamiah has taken over the accounting for the Kamiah Youth Recreation Association. Dan Millward has agreed to oversee and report back for KYRA. Funds are being handled and accounted for by the Kamiah City Clerk and will be reported monthly at The City Council meeting.
Next Meeting: June 9th, 2021
Meeting Adjourned at 6:44 PM
Betty Heater, Mayor Brenda Taylor, City Clerk