Minutes From REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING 06-09-2021 KAMIAH CITY HALL KAMIAH, IDAHO 6:00 PM
REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING 06-09-2021
KAMIAH CITY HALL
KAMIAH, IDAHO 6:00 PM
Guests: See sign in sheet (attached)
Council Present: Dan Millward, Genese Simler, and James Kelly
Mayor Heater called meeting to order at 6:00 PM
Prayer: Mayor Betty Heater
Pledge of Allegiance
Approve Agenda (ACTION): Council President Dan Millward made the motion to approve the agenda and was seconded by Councilmember James Kelly. Roll Call Vote: Genese Simler aye, James Kelly aye, Dan Millward aye,
Approve Consent Agenda (ACTION): Motion to approve the consent agenda was made by Council President Dan Millward and seconded by Councilmember James Kelly. Roll Call Vote: Genese Simler aye, James Kelly aye, Dan Millward aye.
- Approve Minutes from Regular Council Meeting 05-26-2021
- Approve Monthly and Interim Bills for June 2021 in the amount of $39,007.63
- Approve Elder Abuse Parade Route to take place on June 29th from 11:45 AM to 12:15 PM
Discussion items / Action Items:
- Discuss / Approve Idaho Community Development Block Grant: Bryan Drive Booster Station (ACTION): The City of Kamiah was awarded a CEDA Grant in the amount of $280,000. That along with the money the city has set aside and ARPA money for the project, bids and RFP’s are in the works. All combined the city will be able to construct a new Booster Station that will reinforce our water system with solid infrastructure. Motion to approve the Idaho Community Development Block Grant was made by Councilmember Genese Simler and seconded by Councilmember James Kelly. Roll Call Vote: Genese Simler aye, James Kelly aye, Dan Millward aye.
- Discuss / Approve Bulk Fuel Tanks for Kamiah Fire and Rescue and the City Maintenance Crew-Dan Millward (ACTION): No action was taken. We will discuss this at a later date.
- Discuss / Approve Air Conditioning Unit for the Kamiah Fire and Rescue Station in the amount of $5,000-Bill Arsenault (ACTION): It was discussed that with the summer heat and the fact that many of our Fire Fighters and EMT’s are currently staying at the station, they desperately need an air conditioning system. The Motion to approve the $5,370.00 estimate for the new unit was made by Council President Dan Millward and seconded by Councilmember James Kelly. Roll Call Vote: Genese Simler aye, James Kelly aye, Dan Millward aye.
- Park Comments and Pool Updates-Mayor Betty Heater.
- City of Kamiah Riverfront Park-As a result of the floods that Kamiah sustained at the Riverfront Park, the grounds were badly damaged. The leadership for Kamiah was able to secure FEMA funding to Restore and to Beautify the park. It is very important that the grounds are safe and inviting for all residents and visitors that frequent our Riverfront Park throughout the year. The grass is growing in nicely and we are hopeful that the Riverfront Park will be open and safe for everyone to use and enjoy by the beginning of July.
- City of Kamiah Pool Restoration Project-The pool project has received formal approval from building plan review. Reconstruction of the pool will begin very soon and the city, UCCF, and the Save the Pool groups will finally see this dream for Kamiah come true. We will continue fundraising efforts to reach the finish line together. The pool will be a tremendous asset for our community and will also bring visitors from our surrounding communities. This will undoubtedly bolster our local economy in a very meaningful way.
- Lastly, from Mayor Betty Heater-We are down a Councilmember, and everyone is asked to put their feelers out there for someone who wants to make a difference and be a part of our community. Please come to City Hall to pick up a form and we will gladly review it. Thank you…
Next Meeting: June 23rd, 2021
Meeting Adjourned at 6:10 PM
Betty Heater, Mayor Brenda Taylor, City Clerk