Building Permits & Inspections
The Building Permits and Inspections Department will strive to assist you with your construction project in an efficient and accountable manner. They are responsible for permitting all construction and conducting inspections of all construction-related permits as well as issuance of Certificates of Occupancy, Fire Prevention, and Special Events.
The Building Permits and Inspections Department is responsible for:
- Conducting building construction inspections
- Issuing building permits
- Issuing certificate of occupancy permits
- Reviewing building plans
- Working directly with the Planning and Zoning Commission
REQUIREMENTS FOR GENERAL BUILDING PERMIT
- Completed General Building Permit
- Plans drawn to scale, which must include setbacks, type of construction, designs, changes, alterations and/or remodeling to be completed
- Permit Fee’s paid to the City of Kamiah
Once all of the General Building Permit requirements are met the building inspector will inspect the plans and/or property for approval. After building inspector approves plans building can then be started. Permit must be hung at the site of construction in plain sight until construction process is completed.
REQUIREMENTS FOR REVITLIZATION ZONE BUILDING PERMIT
- Completed Revitalization Zone Building Permit
- Approval from the Planning and Zoning Commission
- Exterior must be of Western/Victorian theme
- Materials must be to specifications of Attachment C
- False fronts must be built according to specifications of Attachment C
- Completed set of plans, drawn to scale, to include definitions of roofing and siding materials used, exterior colors in Victorian hue and accurately portrayed on plans and estimated date of completion
Once Planning and Zoning have approved plans and Revitalization Zone Building Permit the building inspector will inspect the plans and/or property for approval. After building inspector approves plans and permit, building can then be started. Permit must be hung at the site of construction in plain sight until construction process is completed.
To obtain a permit for both residential and commercial uses, simply download the forms below or call (208) 935-2672 and we will be happy to provide you with the necessary forms.